The Paraclete Afterschool Program fosters the intellectual, moral, social, and creative growth of its students and nurtures the full potential of their whole character. We do this in a number of ways:
- We balance high expectations with an unfailingly positive culture
- We practice project and game-based learning that actively engage students and emphasize hands-on activities
- We keep classes small to provide a large amount of individual attention to student needs
- We design our curriculum to align with that of the Boston Public Schools in order to reinforce the material that students learn during their school days and to enrich what cannot be explored daily in school.
Weekly Supplemental 4th, 5th, 6th Grade English Language Arts & Mathematics Classes :
- Engage students in effective review of the Massachusetts Common Core with the intention of mastering the objectives
- Ignite a passion for reading within students to help develop a lifelong love of learning
- Individualized teaching to accommodate all learning styles to effectively enhance student understanding
Weekly Elective Enrichment Courses
Paraclete teachers develop enrichment classes based on personal academic passions: this allows a broader intellectual curiosity that spans far beyond the traditional academic subjects. Previous courses offered: Robotics & Computer Science, Human Anatomy, Spanish, Arts & Dance, Storytelling, Philosophy & Ethics, Psychology, Lego Engineering, and many more!
Expressive Arts Sessions
Our Expressive Arts Program is run by Lesley University graduate interns. We offer individual and group sessions in music, movement, and studio art. Each session fuses artistic endeavors with exercises in social and emotional well-being.