Project Based Learning
“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember.
I do and I understand.”
Learning that Mirrors Life
Believing that learning is active not passive, the Paraclete Academy focuses on project-based learning activities. Working in small teams, students learn by doing, making, building, figuring it out and trying again – just like life.
Here are just a few of our students’ projects:
- • Building robots with engineers from Tufts.
- • Creating a tourist guide for South Boston and Rwanda.
- • Conducting animal dissections with medical students from Tufts.
- • Raising plants from seed in our hydroponics garden and community garden.
- • Preparing meals and designing menus with professional chefs in the “Kids Can Cook” program.
- • Writing, taking photographs, editing and designing Paraclete Academy’s quarterly magazine.
- • Designing web pages for our Rwandan partners.
- • Writing creative stories with a professional scriptwriter from a CBS.
- • Building a 15-foot boat with a master craftsman.
- • Producing a sports newscast with broadcast quality video and editing equipment.
no images were found